For those who study numerology, it is known that the number 12 symbolizes completion or perfection.
Interestingly, the number 12 is used 187 times in the Bible.
Not to overload your circuits but just for the fun of it, let’s review 12 Things to Remember,
12 Processes of Successful people
and a few tidbits about Happiness.
12 things to always remember:
1. The past cannot be changed.
2. Opinions don’t define your reality.
3. Everyone’s journey is different.
4. Things always get better with time.
5. Judgments are confessions of character.
6. Overthinking will lead to sadness.
7. Happiness is found within.
8. Positive thoughts create positive things.
9. Smiles are contagious.
10. Kindness is free.
11. You only fail if you quit.
12. What goes around comes around.
After you remember those 12 things and if you crave success, you need to know the composition of successful people:
Successful people do these things:
1. They create and pursue focused goals.
2. They take decisive and immediate action.
3. They focus on being productive, not being busy.
4. They make logical, informed decisions.
5. They avoid the trap of trying to make things perfect.
6. They work outside of their comfort zones.
7. They keep things simple.
8. They focus on making small, continuous improvements.
9. They measure and track their progress.
10. They maintain a positive attitude as they learn from their mistakes.
11. They spend time with the motivational people.
12. They maintain balance in their life.
No matter what we try, whether we succeed or fail, we want to be happy. The Happiness Rules are simple and they do not number 12. Take a look.
1. Make peace with your past. Don’t let it disturb your present.
2. What other people think of you is none of your business.
3. Time heals almost everything. Give it time.
4. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
5. Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is about.
6. Stop thinking too much. It’s okay not to know the answers; they will come to you when you least expect it.
7. Smile. You don’t own all of the world’s problems.
Are you tired of reading?
I know that it is a lot to absorb, but if we integrate a few, some, most or all of these things, we will be happier campers.
Sometimes, we have to keep reminding ourselves that Rome wasn’t built in a day. Thus, we didn’t get where we were over night. It is imperative that we keep our eyes focused on our journey and stop overly watching other people. It can become too distracting.
Keep pursuing positive things; your actions will reflect them. Remember the good not the bad. I close by saying when someone does something wrong, don’t forget the good things that they have done.
Keep a opened mind and an aura of equilibrium. They will provide balance. Sometimes, you have to step back and ask, “Will this matter in a year?”
And by all means, if nothing else – remember the frog!
Photo credit: www.pininterest.com; Source: www.twitter.com; www.en.paperblog.com; www.pininterest.com