The old fashioned expression, “A problem shared is a problem solved” is a saying that contends that if you tell someone about a problem, it should make it easier to deal with or solve.
This expression may have scientific validity according to a new study. Researchers from California have proved that the best way to beat stress is to share your feelings – and sharing with someone in the same situation yields the best results. This is because sharing a situation with a person in a similar emotional state ‘buffers individuals from experiencing the heightened levels of stress that typically accompany that type of problem.”
Sometimes, it is imperative that we share our problems and concerns. We have to do our due diligence to make sure that the ears that hear them are the right ones. Sharing not only helps to remove some of the stress, but it may offer viable solutions to your problems.
Think about this.
1. Some of us may have a tendency to keep things in. It doesn’t help or aid toward reaching a resolution.
2. Share your concerns with someone you trust and get help when it’s needed. Talk it out!
3. Seek professional advice if needed.
4. You are not alone! There are helping hands. Connect the dots and the folks. Reach out!
5. Use valuable trusted resources. There is strength in numbers!
Remember – A problem shared is a problem solved. Certainly, solutions are what you want.
Photo credit: www.problemshared.wordpress.com