I have a question for you.
Why do you associate with that group? I’ll tell you why! It’s simple –
Birds of the same feather flock together. That phrase means that people with similar likes, appearance, or behavior hang together, as in a clique. Commonly, because of the comfort zones, people of the same sort or with the same tastes and interests enjoy the company of each other. There are so many expressions that speak to associations. Allow me to share a few:
* You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.
* Show me who your friends are and I will show you who you are.
* When you have to start compromising your values for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
* If you want to identify someone’s character, examine the friends he sits with.
* Associate yourself with people of good quality for it is better to be alone than in bad company.
* The law of attraction is that you don’t attract what you want, you attract what you are.
* If birds of the same feather flock together, it may be time to upgrade your flock.
* Whoever walk with the wise becomes wise, but the companions of fools will suffer harm. Proverbs 13:20.
Therefore, sometimes we have to break ties, shake a tail feather, and disassociate. Though we may feel comfortable with the familiarity of our group, it’s may be time to move on. Your growth and progress may be stymied.
You need to reach beyond normalcy and achieve your greatest potential. Don’t remain in a clutter with folks who have no where to go when your goal is to move upward. Leave the nest. Look and go beyond.
Spread your wings like the eagle! Become a symbol of power, respect, and freedom even if you “fly” alone. Responsibly shape your own destiny rather than letting others shape it for you. Fly the coop!
Photo credit: www.dmnews.com