Are you concerned about how others view you?
Most of us are!
Remember – we know who we are regardless of what other folks think or say about us … even behind our backs!
All may be well until we are met with unfounded gossip and untruthful remarks.
Even then, we have to put some “stuff” and some people behind us.
Don’t lose your direction worrying about people who are in the “back.” They are there for a reason. Don’t let their negativism catch up with your positive movements.
So when people talk about you behind your back, follow this advice:
1. Do nothing.
2. Ignore them.
3. Treat them with kindness.
4. Verify the motives of the messengers.
5. Don’t engage in gossip. Why be like them?
6. Don’t take it personally though the words may severely hurt particularly if they come from someone close.
7. Spend your time with positive people. Remove yourself from the paths of negativism.
8. Remind yourself that they may have low self esteem.
9. Realize that they may be jealous.
10. Stay positive.
They may be bona fide backstabbers!
Woe to them!
If we allow ourselves to get caught up in their vibes, they will slow down our progress and we will be moving at their speed, not ours! What a tragedy that would be!
Learn. Grow. Look forward. Move forward. The past is behind you. It’s at your back!
Photo credit: www.Germanamericanabroad.files.wordpress.com; Source: www.wikihow.com