Loyalty is defined as the quality of being loyal to someone or something.
It is a strong feeling of support or allegiance.
Synonyms for loyalty include allegiance · faithfulness · obedience · adherence · homage · devotion · steadfastness · staunchness · true-heartedness · dependability · reliability ·
Knowing that definition, how many people can you honestly say are loyal to you or that you are loyal to – 100%?
Before you answer too quickly, remember that “being loyal to those around you can be a challenge, as it requires patience and generosity.
Loyalty is the ability to put others before yourself and stick with them in good times and bad.
You can show loyalty to friends, family, and significant others by being honest, trustworthy, supportive, and generous. You can maintain healthy boundaries with those around you so you can be loyal to them in a productive way.”
Here are three ways to be loyal:
Method One: Being Honest & Trustworthy.
1. Express how you really feel.
2. Don’t engage in gossip.
3. Follow through on your commitment.
4. Stand up for others when needed.
Method Two: Being Supportive & Generous.
1. Support the goals, ambitions, and dreams of others.
2. Be a good listener.
3. Offer positive solutions and ideas.
4. Resist judging others for their choices or actions.
Method Three: Maintaining Healthy Boundaries
1. Choose to give your loyalty to others.
2. Do not let others take advantage of your loyalty.
3. Maintain your independence.
4. Allow time for self care.
Knowing that someone is loyal to you unequivocally is comforting.
Loyalty is priceless!
To have a loyal friend is worth is weight in gold; pure gold at that.
If you are challenged with who is and isn’t loyal, you are not alone.
Many of us wonder; some of us are not sure.
The key is to find out, hopefully without injury.
Otherwise, it can be a high price to pay.
One that can bring us down in more ways than one!
Photo credit: www.bing.com/images; Source: www.wikihow.com