Smart shopping requires research, skills, and time. My daughter and I tend to go to a particular shop, purchase the items we desire, and go home. My nieces, however are shopping divas with a skill set that can rival the best. They are the “shop till you drop” ladies. They can dig up a pricey Saks Fifth Avenue designer suit at a bargain warehouse for such a ridiculous price that it is laudable. Their finds leave you speechless! I don’t know if they have telescopic vision, but they know where all the sales are including the moment of their occurrence. Finding the “blue light” sales is their specialty as they emerge into one or several of the smart shoppers categories below:
1. The Bargain Hunter – Gets the best price.
2. The Impulse Buyer – Acts quickly to snag a deal.
3. The Loyalist – Uses rewards to save big.
4. The Researcher – Compares every offer.
5. The Negotiator – Always haggles.
6. The Shopper on a mission – Plans strategically.
To my nieces, I am recommending that you set up a personal shopping business. You will make a mint. Use your skills to shop for others and make big money doing the one thing that you love – shopping! Cha Ching!
Photo credit: www.essence.com; Illustration by Aimee Camilien; Source: Essence Magazine