Posts Tagged ‘A spiritual mate’
Now that you have defined yourself as a couple, what’s next.
Your couple closeness should begin with spiritual intimacy.
Worshiping together is a great beginning step. It is also a reminder and an invitation to make God the center of your relationship; the stronghold within your storms.
It’s further recognition of the fact that God will help us through anything and everything.
Keep God first!
Take a moment when you get into your church service to quiet yourself in God’s presence. Take a deep breath.
Then when it is time to worship, hold hands. Let each other know that you are there to support the other. Show and enjoy closeness while worshipping and learning about our amazing God!
Coming together in prayer, reading the Bible together, and worshipping together are key components of a couple’s spiritual intimacy.
Let’s see how we can get even closer.
1. Have a prayer to invite God’s presence before the Bible is opened for worship.
2. Read through a devotional book together.
3. Start worship by telling each other the good things that happened to you during the day or what your blessings were.
4. Set a specific time for worship.
5. Write appreciation notes to each other. Read what the Bible says on the topic of “love”.
6. Invite another couple to have worship with you.
7. Thank God for answered prayer before the prayer is answered.
8. Pray out loud for each other after each identifies his/her needs.
9. Prepare a “Thankful List.”
10. Hold hands and face each other when you pray.
11. Ask for forgiveness for specific mistakes.
12. Have a telephone worship when apart from each other.
13. Have your favorite scripture; memorize it; encourage one another with words from God.
14. Have your favorite hymn. Sing it; play it; let the sounds uplift you.
15. Discuss how to improve certain character traits. Read what the Scriptures say about them.
There are so many varied forms of spiritual intimacy; too many to elaborate.
Do what works for you as a couple to stay grounded in the Word. There is strength in numbers. Sharing in worship helps you to tackle and solve your problems. It brings you closer to each other and closer to God.
Your foundational anchor in our merciful God will always be your saving grace.
Photo credit: www.exitchuchianity.com Source: www.ted.adventist.org; www.forgodsbest.wordpress.com; www.onefleshmarriage.com
This week’s blog topics focused on relationships. We cannot end the discussion without talking about the greatest relationship of all – your relationship with God!
Your relationship with God is not only vital to your Christian walk, but it is critical to all of your relationships including your search for the right person.
It is often times difficult to find the right person, so it is imperative that we keep God in our plans for guidance and direction.
I share with you some memorable quotes that can be used in your journey to find the right mate.
1. You’ll know when a relationship is right for you. It will enhance your life not complicate it.
2. Pray together so that you can stay together.
3. Imagine a man so focused on God that the only reason he looked up to see you is because he heard God say, “there she is.”
4. When couples love God first, they love each other better.
5. When God knows that you are ready for the responsibility of commitment, he’ll reveal the right person under the right circumstances.
In Proverbs 13:20, we are told, ”Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.”
1 Peter 5:6,7 tells us to “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
It’s quite simple.
Put God first; keep God first.
A God centered relationship is worth the wait!
Happy Sunday! Blessings!
Photo credit: www.indulgy.com