Here’s what happened:
1. The bank teller gave you substantially too much money back.
2. You saw your friend’s husband cheating.
3. You saw someone stealing in a department store.
4. You left the store and discovered the clerk inadvertently didn’t ring up a pricey item that was in your bag.
5. You saw your married boss out on a date with a fellow employee.
For these and other similarly situated matters, what would you do?
1. Would you spread the news down the gossip mill;
2. Would you keep your mouth closed;
3. Would you angrily or diplomatically confront the wrongdoer;
4. Would you pray for the abuser and the abused;
5. Would you report it; return it; turn your head; ignore it, or simply mind your own business;
6. Would you let honesty rule?
There are no boiler plate answers in situations whereby you could idly do nothing, wisely do what’s right, or inquisitively stick your nose into matters that are clearly none of your business.
Here’s to hoping that our conscience, home training, and spiritual foundation will guide us to do the right thing!
Let your conscience be your guide.
Photo reprint: www.techniquespourlestimedesoi.info