It seems as if that lick came out of no where.
It was so hard that it knocked me down.
I lost my balance and fell!
I am curiously baffled.
Where did that punch come from?
I’ll tell you where!
It came from life; from living.
Yes, that’s right.
We are not insulated from troubles.
Our lives can be easily bruised with anxieties from varied issues. They run the gamut – Pain from the loss of loved ones, betrayals from friends/family, jealousies, upside down finances, job losses, health issues, wayward children, infidelity, disloyal friends, among other things. You name it and someone can claim it!
Our lives are not problem free.
Quite the contrary.
We are also not born as warriors.
We have to condition, equip, and prepare ourselves to deal with the problems that accompany living.
Sometimes, we think that we can rely on our own intelligence to solve our problems.
Sometimes, we think that we can do it all, be everything to all people, and win all the battles by ourselves.
We need to keep God front and center in our lives.
Reliance on the Lord will help us with our balancing act.
It will also give us the needed confidence and strength to pick ourselves up when we fall!
We can then see clearer who is with us and who is not.
Nothing is worse than being knocked down and expecting someone to help you up when instead they desert you.
So often, do we hear, “it’s not my problem!”
If you have heard those words, raise your hand.
We have to gird our loins everyday … that’s for sure.
I leave you with several quotes that have inspired me. Maybe, you will find inspiration from them as well.
1. “Sometimes it takes a good fall to really know where you stand.” Hayley Williams
2. “It’s not up to you how you fall. Its up to you how far you let yourself fall and how long it takes you to get back up and stand on your own two feet.” Sr. Tac Jeffrey Mitchell
3. “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down. “. Charles F. Kettering
4. “Being defeated is often temporary, giving up makes it permanent. “ Marilyn von Savant
5. “Fall seven times. Stand up eight. “ Japanese Proverb
6. “It’s hard to beat a person that never gives up. “ Babe Ruth
7. “ A Quitter never wins-and-a Winner never quits. “ Napoleon Hill
8. “For every failure, there’s an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour. “ Mary Kay Ash
9. “Success in life is the result of good judgment. Good judgment is usually the result of experience. Experience is usually the result of bad judgment. “Anthony Robbins
10. “In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time.” Anthony J. D’Angelo
11. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.”Confucius
12. “Everyone falls down. Getting back up is how you learn how to walk. “ Walt Disney
13. “When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up. Let your reason get you back up.” Les Brown
14. “No matter how many times you get knocked down, keep getting back up. God sees your resolve. He sees your determination. And when you do everything you can do, that’s when God will step in and do what you can’t do. “ Joel Osteen
15. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. “Winston Churchill
Keep living! Keep the faith!
Photo credit: www. Learning petals.com