Who is in your starting lineup?
Who is on your support team?
Who will carry the ball?
Who will pick you up if you fall?
Before you answer, let me preface by saying that no man is an island!
You may not need anyone right now, but sooner or later you will; I assure you! Don’t wait until crunch time to find out who is there; if anyone!
Winning teams put their best players in their starting lineups.
So should you!
When players have great chemistry, there is nothing but nets!
Hopefully, you are cultivating a following and unselfishly living your life in such a way that someone will be willing to play ball on your court!
Here we go …
1. Don’t be a hypocrite – Walk the talk! Give before you take!
2. It is a huge blessing to have devoted life players that you can call who have the love, time, ability and sincerity to give you solid advice; provide wisdom in decision making; charge your battery when you are down; push you to be your best; encourage, motivate, and challenge you; pick you up and carry you if you fall; be your friend; and be there for you in times of need.
3. Having someone that you can talk to, pour your heart out to, be your confidante, and listen non-judgmentally is priceless. My heart bleeds for people who have no one!
My Mother always say, “If you live long enough, you will need somebody to bring you a glass of water.” How true!
For the privileged ones who think that they need no one because they are sitting on boat loads of money and assets, please know that there are so many things that money can’t buy! Genuine love, caring, concern, compassion … are among them.
Knowing that you have someone on your team who will provide a dose of love is comforting! It can be just what the doctor ordered!
4. Remove yourself from the company of those arrogant/selfish teammates whose noses are so high in the air that they could care less about anyone but themselves.
5. Be what you seek; be a sterling example of love and humility … and surround yourself with those who are driven to score wholesome victories in life!
5. Love, caring, assistance, empathy, sincerity, kindness … are the “balls” that we and those in our lineup should carry.
They will yield the winning combinations. When you have extended your hand to help, hopefully someone will remember and reach back.
No other score matters!
Photo credit: www.cavs.com